Sunday, July 26, 2020

Reblog- Hannah Heath

How to Come Up With Story Ideas- I was going to simply tell you how to come up with a story idea, but we all know the saying.
"Show, don't tell."

So, sure, I will explain the story generating process to you. However, I will also show you how I personally would go about coming up with a story idea from scratch.


Disability Pride Month!

  • 6 Badass Disabled Warriors in History: Proof That You Can Write A Disabled Protagonist- Today I wanted to give a list of incredible disabled warriors throughout history. I'm doing this because one of the main things I hear when people consider writing a disabled character (or see one represented on-page or on-screen) is that it is "unrealistic" for disabled people to be heroes. 
    This is, of course, complete and utter garbage. Here's proof...

Nonlinear Character Arcs: What They Are, Why They're Epic, and How to Write Them- If you've been writing or reading for any amount of time, you've probably heard of the two main character arcs: the positive character arc and the negative character arc.

Lots of great tips and articles from blogger and author Hannah Heath!

I find her method of coming up with story ideas comparable to the Story a Week method, only it's not nearly as in-depth and time consuming. Which is a good thing; I developed 2 beginning-to-end ideas in less than a week. Now I just need to sit down and write them. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment