Friday, February 14, 2020

Reblog- Spec. Faith, Dreams and Dragons

How to Find Signs of God in Many Fantastical WorldsGod has many ways of showing up in the real world, and he can show up in fantasy in just as many ways.

Elements that Make (or Break) a WorldHey'a, everyone! It is February, and that means it's Fantasy Month in the bit of the blogosphere that Jenelle Schmidt influences, including this blog! This year's themes are Worldbuilding and Fantasy Creatures...today, we're talking about worldbuilding elements that really make (or sometimes break) a world for me. These range from the big and mostly-obvious to the small and easily overlooked, but they're all things that, if done well, will take a world to the next level (in my opinion).

Valentine's Day Special: Beauty and the Bard- Ok, so this is not actually a Beauty and the Beast retelling, but I was stuck for a title, so there you go. Anyway. For Valentine's Day, my D&D players requested that I write a short story about how two of the romantically-involved NPCs, Lady Tiria Serys (aka the chief quest-giver) and Ardent the bard (aka Bardent), met. (They all ship this couple to some degree or another. It's great and makes me SO PROUD.) Since I was already planning to write a Valentine's Day short story, I happily complied . . . and then, because I'm an overachiever, I decided to write two versions of the story, one from each perspective.

Take the time to read the comments in the article; they often get into some interesting conversations/expound on the article, and have great book recs.

I'm thinking about re-branding my blog, since I've not been able to keep up with any sort of regular schedule or theme (aside from being sporadic and somewhat random, that is. Hmm, "Sporadic Musings: book reviews, random stories and such from an absent-minded halfling.")
Anyways, look forward to a belated Valentine's Day book review, and (hopefully) some participation in February is Fantasy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment